I was tagged by the lovely Lisa at Two Point Five Kids to answer the following 25 questions “About Me” ~
1. Where were you born? I was born in Box Hill, Melbourne Australia in 1980.
2. Were you named after someone? No. My mum had chosen either the name “Prudence” or “Melody”, however straight after my birth, when she was still groggy, my father convinced her to name me Jane. I also don’t have a middle name, as he said that everybody hates their middle name.
3. If you have children, how many do you have? I have a two year old daughter called Milla, and twin angels in Heaven.4. How many pets do you have? I have a cat named Star who was born on the first day of the new Millennium, 01/01/00. When I actually used to go out for New Years, I would always ring the house and sing Happy Birthday to her on the answering machine after midnight.
5. What was your worst injury? A few years ago I managed to get a stress fracture in my left foot and my right ankle, playing on the Wii Fit. I’m fairly sure even the Dr was laughing at me behind my back…!
6. Do you have a special talent? I have been wracking my mind for ages over this one, I really don’t think I do! Best get working on that…
7. What’s your favourite thing to bake? I’m sorry? What is this ‘bake’ you speak of?
8. Favourite Fast Food? Macca’s chips.
9.Would you bungee jump? No, but I would LOVE to jump out of a plane one day.
10.What’s the first thing you notice about people? Their facial expression. Whether they are smiling, make eye contact etc.
11.When was the last time you cried? Yesterday. I let someone upset me, when I should have just walked away. Live and learn.
12.Any current worries? A lot. Mostly around my daughter, and how she is developing and what her future will hold. Money, or lack thereof. And right this minute, that strange banging coming from Milla’s room where she is supposed to be ‘resting’….??
13.Name three drinks you drink regularly. Coffee, coke zero and wine.
14.What’s your favourite book? The Bronze Horseman by Paullina Simons. READ IT! Trust me
15. Would you like to be a Pirate? Only if I could be Jack Sparrows pirate wench.
16. Favourite Smells? My favourite perfume is Ralph by Ralph Lauren. Body butters ~ coconut or mango, as they remind me of Summer.
17. Why do you blog? A lot of the time I honestly don’t know. It helps me get all the crazy out of my head, and make sense of what I’m feeling. I still wonder if it’s narcissistic of me to expect other people to care enough to read it though.
18.What song do you want played at your funeral? Queen – Another One Bites The Dust. Or maybe Bee Gees – Stayin’ Alive Either/Or
19.What’s your least favourite thing about yourself? My huge, sticky out ears and my ‘mummy tummy’. It used to be my teeth, but I got veneers just before I found out I was pregnant, (like literally the day before!) I can finally smile in photos without having to photoshop them afterwards!
20.Favourite hobby? Is Facebook a hobby??
21. What do you look for in a friend? A wicked sense of humour, compassionate, honest, loyal and the ability to take the piss out of themselves when necessary
22. Name something that you have done that you never thought you would? Getting married twice. When I was little I always had the romantic image of growing up, getting married, having children and living happily ever after. My first marriage was a huge mistake, and I carried the shame of being divorced before I was even 30 years old for a long time. Now though, I am married to my soul-mate, and for the first time in my life, understand how a healthy, equal relationship should feel.
23. Favourite fun thing to do? Going to the beach.
24.Any pet peeves? People who write in ‘text talk’. People who take photos of their food, then share them all over social media. People who don’t have manners.
25. What’s the last thing that made you laugh? Milla ‘potty training’ her toy chicken…
Now, the rules are that I am supposed to tag 25 other blogs to answer the same questions, but that is a LOT! So I’m just going to tag a few of the blogs I enjoy reading ~
Kate Says Stuff
Twinkle In The Eye
Home Life Simplified
(Please don’t feel obligated to join in, only if you want to and have the time)
PS. Have you entered the Stuck On You Giveaway on the blog? Entries close Friday night, so be quick! xx